Friday, January 16, 2015

Year in Review - 2014 Record-Setters




A great year passed, another one awaits. It really passed so fast and now I think if I should continue my monthly acquisition reporting another year. It was quite interesting for me to see the world’s giants becoming even more powerful with every new deal. I don’t remember any deal to be unworthy. Correct me, if it’s not so.

Google was the winner by the number of deals made in 2014. AT&T made the “mammoth” deal of the year. I cannot, but express my personal opinion - I consider Oracle the best deal maker of the year, as my career changed with one of its acquisitions during 2014. 


I pulled together the best deals of 2014 and all the mentioned acquisitions are game-changing purchases:



Google

  • Google Buys Nest ($3.2 billion)
  • Google Buys Skybox Imaging ($500 million)
  • Google Buys Deepmind ($500 million)



Facebook

  • Facebook Buys Oculus - $2 billion
  • Facebook buys WhatsApp - $19 billion



Oracle

  • Oracle Buys Micros Systems - $5.3 billion



Microsoft 
  • Microsoft Buys Mojang - $2.5 billion



Apple

  • Apple Buys Beats - $3 billion



Lenovo

  • Lenovo Buys Motorola - $2.9 billion



Comcast

  • Comcast buys Time Warner - $45 billion



AT&T

  • AT&T buys DirecTV- $48 billion

No comments:

Post a Comment